Total Safety U.S., Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mgr - Purchasing
at Total Safety U.S., Inc.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise work and activities of a staff of buyers in purchasing and support of global operations to reduce costs, ensure supply continuity, mitigate risk, and increase purchasing data accuracy
- Train team members and stakeholders as needed, evaluates direct reports performance, coaches areas for improvement, and ensures staffing levels are appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with and execution of Category Management strategies in accordance with policies and procedures
- Participates in strategic sourcing initiatives as requested; leads smaller or regional strategic sourcing projects
- Responsible for the overall Request for Quotation (RFQ) process and delivery of best quality, delivery, and price for goods and services at the regional/local level, ensuring specifications, safety and stakeholders requirements are met
- Negotiates purchase order terms and conditions, pricing, discounts, rebates and commercial aspects of supplier proposals
Ensures purchase orders, change orders, and invoice issues are effectively managed to support Operational requirements
- Overall responsibility for management of the open purchase order reports, close-out activities, and compliance and audits
- Recommends changes and improvements to transactional procurement processes/systems and oversees participation and testing of improvements
- Build documentation and training for Centralized Purchasing processes and procedures, and lead formal roll-out to all stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics, and develop/implement improvement plans based on analysis.
- Provide executive management with decision-making information by preparing, submitting, and interpreting regular procurement and usage reports.
- Study market trends and identifies best practices.
- Ensures transactional procurement coverage is available for Operations 24/7 through management of an on-call schedule. May occasionally be called upon to fill in or help handle excess workload demands.
- Actively participates in supplier performance reviews
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with internal stakeholders
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective business relationships with suppliers
- Manages and/or supports ad-hoc projects as required
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of seven (7) years of Procurement, Purchasing, or Supply Chain experience (or an equivalent education and experience combination), with a direct supervisory experience of at least five (5) years. Purchase to Pay knowledge and experience required, with experience in inventory management preferred.
Other Required Skills: PC Skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to develop spreadsheets and modify formats and ability to recommend improvements. Attention to detail. Ability to maintain data integrity and to extract data and prepare reports in an accurate and timely manner. Ability to meet deadlines.
Must demonstrate ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Must demonstrate ability to detect, analyze, interpret and correct irregularities in large data sets. Must have strong, self-directed technical and analytical skills.
Must have general knowledge of budget preparation and understanding of cost control.
Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive data and issues.
Good organization and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities. Must be able to work with interruption.
Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
Interpersonal Communication: Ensures that business initiatives and goals are effectively communicated to employees as appropriate. Demonstrates objective listening on a consistent basis and creates and maintains an environment that encourages open communication. Promotes respect within and outside the work group, teaches and encourages collaborative problem solving and effective working relationships. Coaches and counsels assigned staff to adhere to values, policies and standards and to improve safety, quality and process reliability in a cost effective manner. Interfaces daily with other functional areas. May communicate with internal and external auditors.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management team. Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, timely, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
Initiative: Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem resolution and to execute the requirements within a team environment. Demonstrated success in managing a Centralized Purchasing environment required, with global experience a strong plus.
Scope and Responsibility: Supervises one or more full time employees typically involved in accounting functions in assigned region. Plans and coordinates activities and ensures the accuracy and timeliness of output and resolution of problems. Oversees day-to-day operations. Initiates and communicates personnel actions (hire, fire, job/salary changes, performance, disciplinary actions, etc.)
- Expert analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management, facilitation, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking and decision quality competencies
- Strong written, and verbal communication skills; ability to successfully communicate with all levels of the business
- Demonstrated action oriented, results oriented, and customer service competencies
- Ability to work independently
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills
- Strong in building teams and business relationships
- Strong influencing and change management skills
- Strong negotiations, commercial and financial acumen competencies
- Good conflict management skills
- Demonstrated action oriented and results oriented competencies
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, walk, talk, hear and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
May be infrequently exposed to possible operations hazards or working in or visiting operational site, including dust, fumes, toxic and caustic chemicals, rotating machinery, high pressure, hot or cold work temperatures, slippery surfaces, water and electrical hazards.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management.
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at (713) 353-5152. (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY, please contact 711).