Total Safety U.S., Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager - Business Intelligence
at Total Safety U.S., Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: fcbe363d-2361-4b04-9e20-348bd321c768
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Required; Advanced Degree in a related field preferred
- 5 years of experience in the field of business intelligence with a heavy focus on data warehousing
- Experience building a data Warehouse with multiple sources
- Must have a driven personality with a “can do attitude” and a “results-oriented management style”
- Aptitude for understanding business requirements and translating them into technical specifications
- Strong development expertise with Microsoft SQL Server including experience with SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Working knowledge of common data integration, reporting, MDM, OLAP and other data management tools and methodologies
- Must be familiar with SDLC methodologies
- Experience executing multiple projects, estimating project resource requirements, and managing delivery schedules and associated risks
- Strong communications skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- Database administration & support for all Microsoft SQL Servers to include monitoring, configuration and performance
- Determine analytics needs vs capabilities and recommend a company-wide BI stack to close gaps
- Administration and support of full BI stack including periodic upgrades and security updates
- Design and development of Data Marts to support reporting & analysis needs of the business
- Development and operation of ETL’s
- Development of advanced reporting, data marts and meta data to provide power users the ability to perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting
- Training of power users
- Creation and management of a security and governance process to support secured access to reliable information
- Provide regular reports to the Director of Applications and the CIO.
- Other duties only as assigned.
- Working with a small IT team in a corporate office environment supporting 200 locations in more than 20 countries, our nearly 3,600 employees. Some travel may be required, however, most work is coordinated remotely.
- IT is focused on maturing processes and procedures to fit the company size. Many standard procedures have yet to be documented and contributions to this effort are expected from all employees.
- Primary data center hosted in Austin, but server assets do exist in other remote offices.
- This is a 24x7 environment therefore this individual may be required to perform duties during off hours.