Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Development Engineer II
at Toshiba Group
Job TitleSoftware Development Engineer II
Area of InterestEngineering
CompanyToshiba International Corporat
The Software Development Engineer II will develop digital control systems, including control hardware and software, for power electronics based products (motor drive, grid-tied converters, power suppliers, UPS and others).
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and test digital control systems, including control hardware and software, for power electronics based products (motor drive, grid-tied converters, power suppliers, UPS and others).
- Write control systems' architecture design documents and interface with other design groups
- Provide documentation on code and write design documents and validation procedures.
- Manage projects from inception through completion, delegating tasks as needed and keeping both customer and management updated on progress. Request additional resources as necessary.
- Write control systems' specification and interface with customers, learn their business and understand their technical requirements
- Team with Quality Control throughout the validation process
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 3-5 years' experience with the control development of power electronics, motor drives, grid-tie converters, power suppliers or UPS.
- Master degree or Ph. D degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with knowledge of the control development of power electronics, motor drives, grid-tie converters, power suppliers or UPS
- Knowledge of discrete-time control system of power electronics based systems is required, including modeling, digital controller/filter design and implementation on embedded systems.
- Embedded programming experience on DSP, ARM processors or IoT processors is required
- Experience on Embedded RTOS programming is preferred
- Experience of testing and debugging peripheral electrical circuits of microprocessors is required
- Knowledge of software reusability and design pattern is preferred.
- Knowledge of industrial communication is preferred.
- Knowledge of advanced motor diagnostics is preferred.
- Project management, customer support and team-lead experience is preferred.
- Must be a team player and able to work in a culturally diverse environment.