Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Assurance Engineer II
at Toshiba Group
Job TitleQuality Assurance Engineer II
Area of InterestQuality
CompanyToshiba International Corporat
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for developing and managing a quality program for Toshiba's new Hybrid Electric Vehicle plant. A key part of this position will be working in partnership with Toshiba's engineers worldwide in designing and developing the quality systems for this plant.
The Engineer will manage complex/new projects to include identification of critical path items, milestones, resource constraints, etc.
The individual contributor will be responsible for product and process quality through identifying and monitoring Quality Program, Systems and process improvements. The candidate will be required to initiate, internal as well as external, corrective action derived from the findings and product continual improvement projects.
* Ensuring the process needed for the QMS are established, implemented and maintain in accordance to ISO9001:2015, IATF16949:2016, Ford CSR and any other applicable standards.
* Maintain and coordinate proper document control including review and coordination of Procedures, Work Instructions, Forms and any other quality management system document in a standardized manner.
* Support the activities required to obtain and maintain IATF 16949 certification.
* Support activities to review and ensure compliance of Customer Specific Requirements, Restricted Substances, Conflict Minerals Reporting, IMDS, CQI-9 and any other applicable requirement.
* Perform annual audits to all controlled documents to ensure all documents are properly kept, approved and in compliance.
* Participates as an auditor and auditee in the Internal and External Audits of the QMS
* Lead the evaluation and qualification process of new suppliers/materials, following a defined development process
* Responsible to conduct Supplier Audits based on internal audit requirement or supplier performance.
* Work to resolve supplier quality/technical issues in a timely manner to ensure the continuity of supply.
* Responsible for receiving and evaluating PPAP submissions from suppliers.
* Coordinate the necessary activities with the support personnel for the submission and effective implementation of the SREA and PPAP submissions.
* Performing and leading Corrective Action and Continuous Improvement efforts/projects and monitor Quality System Documentation.
* Manage and improve paperless document control and production systems.
* Be part of APQP's multidisciplinary team in the implementation of new products in the company
* Work with HEV staff and management team to accomplish plant and department goals
* Identify, develop and implement quality projects that reduce costs and increase efficiencies
* Define methods and equipment to be used to measure key quality characteristics of processes.
* Assist /Train the HEV staff/ employees in updated procedures, process diagrams, new requirements
* Directing responsibility for contributing to the successful accomplishment of key metric goals as established each year.
* Other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work full time at our main Toshiba facility located in northwest Houston, TX.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to build strong relationships.
- Minimum 5 years of quality assurance/quality control experience including supplier management, improvement project management, safety and quality.
- Ability to plan for short, mid and long range goals
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Experienced in implementation and use of lean and six sigma manufacturing principles.
- Automotive Industry experience preferred (ISO TS 16949, Core tools, etc.).