Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Industrial Engineering Supervisor
at Toshiba Group
Job TitleIndustrial Engineering Supervisor
Area of InterestEngineering
CompanyToshiba International Corporat
Toshiba International Corporation (TIC) is a Toshiba America Inc. (TAI) Group Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. TIC is headquartered in Houston, Texas and employs approximately 2,000 people. Comprised of four in-house divisions, TIC is a global leader in motors and drives, power electronics, transmission and distribution systems, and other social infrastructure systems. TIC is committed to providing the utmost in quality products and services and strives to uphold Toshiba's worldwide commitment to innovative technology, superior quality, and unmatched reliability. For more information, please visit www.toshiba.com/tic.
The Industrial Engineering Supervisor position will oversee and assist in carrying out Industrial Engineering duties and completing continual improvement projects, including, but not limited to, the following:
* Manage, track and report standard labor rates.
* Forecast direct / indirect personnel requirements for continued operation.
* Measure and track operational cycle times and bottlenecks.
* Manage and oversee implementation of employee improvement suggestions.
* Maintain and manage improvement project list and tracking of project results (vs. goals).
* Manage and improve paperless production systems.
* Development and maintain measurement systems for operation and transactional metrics.
* Aid in the implementation of Total Productive Maintenance within the plant.
* Detect and rectify variances in the bill of materials.
* Improve production metrics in a highly automated production plant
* Work with engineers, manufacturing operators, and group leaders to accomplish plant goals
* Work directly with professionals in a team environment and see how Toshiba's departments work together to deliver success
* Oversee operational layout changes and maintain overall plant layout.
* Support efforts of other departments, work cohesively to implement projects related to equipment, process improvements, quality, six sigma, lean manufacturing and environmental or safety improvements.
* Other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Experience
* Ability to work full time at our main Toshiba facility located in northwest Houston, TX
* 8(+) years of engineering experience, in a similar role, in a manufacturing setting.
Project management experience with capability to develop, lead and prioritize work.
-ISO TS 16949, APQP and Core Tools.
* Assembly systems or manufacturing experience (automotive preferred)
* Proficient in 3D-CAD such as SolidWorks, and/or AutoCAD.
* Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently as a team player.
* Minimum basic understanding of computer programming principles.
Education and Training
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering are preferred.
* Limited / as needed (25%).
* Reaching, stooping, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and able to lift up to 40lbs.,all within a manufacturing environment.
* Exposure to plant environment with noise levels possibly above acceptable limits (proper PPE will be provided).