The Watershed Treatment Programs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mental Health Counselor
at The Watershed Treatment Programs
The Mental Health Counselor is responsible for coordinating and providing case management, group therapy and biopsychosocial assessment services to patients as well as group, individual and family counseling for patients within the facility. He/she demonstrates expertise in case management, development of patient resources, vocational counseling, discharge/continuing care planning, and placement of patients. He/she works with the treatment team to plan and coordinate the patient's movement through the continuum of care.
- Conducting chemical dependency evaluations, as well as chemical abuse/dependency aspects of treatment plans and treatment plan updates
- Assisting patients in developing measurable chemical dependency related discharge goals and objectives
- Providing liaison services between patient and family
- Updating treatment plans regularly
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Psychology, Mental Health Counseling, Social Work or related field REQUIRED (must be license eligible)
- One year of experience as Case Manager or Therapist preferred
- Chemical Dependency experience strongly preferred
- The following licenses are a plus!
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT)
The Watershed is Joint Commission accredited and fully licensed by the State of Texas.
The Watershed welcomes applicants in recovery to apply! Applicants in recovery must have a minimum of 1 full year of abstinence from drugs/alcohol to be eligible for employment.
Our competitive compensation and excellent benefits package for full time employees includes:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
The Watershed Treatment Programs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug Free Workplace. Local candidates desired, no relocation offered.