The Tatitlek Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Control Assistant
at The Tatitlek Corporation
The Quality Control Assistant (QCA) position will be responsible for assisting with coordinating the planning, implementation and supervision of the project quality control plan. QCA will assist with assuring that all materials, workmanship and construction are in full compliance with the contract, plans and specifications and all applicable building codes and require that defective work or materials to be corrected or removed. QCA will assist in the review and approve all submittals and perform daily inspections of the work. Assists with preparation for Preparatory meetings, preparation of daily QC reports, monitoring daily progress of project(s), reviewing project safety and implementation of on site safety policies and procedures for each definable feature of work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the review of company Quality Control Plan and Safety Plan and work with corporate Safety Officer to make the Safety Plan project specific
- Contact suppliers and subcontractors to obtain the required submittals. Assists with review and submittals prior to submission to the government
- Track submittal from transmittal to the Government to return to Contractor to assure timely approvals of materials
- Organize and conduct preparatory meetings for each definable feature of work
- Daily inspections of the work and require any defective work to be removed and obtain and maintain a photo record of the project
- Inventory and product inspections of all materials as they arrive on site. Serve as liaison between Contractor and Government QAR Representative
- Inspection projects during and after construction for structural quality, general safety and conformance to specifications and codes
- Review and interpret plans, blueprints, site layouts, specifications, and construction methods to ensure compliance to legal requirements and safety regulations
- Inspect and monitor construction sites to ensure adherence to safety standards, building codes, and specifications
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other related duties as assigned
- Three (3)+ years of construction field experience (quality control experience preferred)
- Three (3)+ years of construction field experience in the role of Quality Control, Superintendent or Project Manager
- Completion of OSHA 10 hour
- OSHA 30 hour safety course
- Current completion of First Aid and CPR
- Proficient in PC based programs including Microsoft, Primavera, and RMS/QCS
- Government contracting experience.
- COE Contractor Quality Control Certificate
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of acceptable construction site practices including occupational safety and health regulations
- Ability to communicate both orally and writing with internal and external clients and co-workers
- Have a thorough and working knowledge of the plans and specifications or project scope of work and Quality Control requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally crawl and be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually in a warehouse setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The employee will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when on field assignments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Qualifying Factors:
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results. Tatitlek Shareholder preference applies.