The Tatitlek Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Tatitlek Corporation
Perform tasks at commercial and military installations to construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, concrete, metal, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter's hand tools and power tools. Must be comfortable working 40-70 feet above the ground, in a lift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Construction work on commercial and military buildings.
- Install hollow metal frames and doors and wood frames and doors.
- Install commercial door hardware.
- Experience with all facets of carpentry, formwork, framing and finish.
- Build and install concrete formwork.
- Install reinforcing steel and place concrete per construction plans.
- Follow direction and work with other crafts.
- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Installing equipment and machines, to meet specifications.
- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of acceptable construction site practices including occupational safety and health regulations.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and written work narratives a must.
- Must be comfortable with a high intensity work environment.
- Ability to read and understand plans and be able to lay-out the work.
- Ability to work in environment that involves heights.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in Commercial Carpentry building trades.
- One (1) year experience operating a backhoe.
- Two (2) year experience with Concrete Formwork experience
- ANSI Z41 approved protective footwear
- Proof of insurance and acceptable driving record
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Current First Aid Certification.
- Journeyman carpenter certificate.
- Forklift certification.