The Marcus Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Desk Supervisor
at The Marcus Corporation
POSITION PURPOSE: Supervises all Front Office operations to ensure profitability, control costs and quality standards to ensure total guest satisfaction. Supervises Front Office staff and assists with greeting guests, checking guests in and out, handling guest's requests and complaints, and handling group check-ins.
- Supervises front office staff, reservations, PBX, concierge and bell staff as needed.
- Insures all daily function from checklist are completed.
- Greets guests and checks them in and out.
- Answers phones
- Handles money, credit cards and checks
- Issues mail and messages to guests.
- Deals with guest complaints.
- Takes reservations
- Provides directions and answers guest questions.
- Enters wake-up calls.
- Loads paper/toner into machines
- Takes responsibility for house bank
- Provides leadership during emergency situations.
- Assist Front Office manager in making weekly schedule
- Assist front office manager in purchasing of supplies
- Charges no-shows
- Assist Front Office manager in coaching and counseling of FD staff
- Responds to e-mail inquiries from guests.
- Responds to guests surveys
- Performs additional duties or projects as assigned by Front Office Manager or Assistant Front Office Manager.
- Previous guest service experience.
- Good communication and math skills.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Accurate computing attitude.
- Supervisory and organizational skills.
- Ability to walk/stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to multi-task
- Meet deadlines for assignments and projects.
- Ability to effectively deal with guests concerns in a friendly and positive manor. This involves listening to nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.