The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
USMS SUPPORT CLERK
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3M6NX6WSNCXDQPYSCS
Facility: RIO GRANDE DETENTION CTR
Compensation Base: $17.24 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position provides administrative support services between the client and the facility to assist in managing the volume of detainees housed at the facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support services between the client and facility in the areas not limited to transportation, medical, records to assist in managing the volume of detainees at the facility
- Processes Judgment and Commitment Orders.
- Assembles and processes requests for designation packages and submits them to the Bureau of Prisons.
- Assists in the quarterly process of verifying detainers.
- Updates medical information in the client’s Justice Detention Information System (JDIS) and processes prisoner medical requests (PMRs) through USMS Prisoner Operations Division.
- Updates prisoner statuses in the JDIS system to reflect their phase in the designation process.
- Generating Prisoner Intake Form (USM-129), Personal History Form (USM-312) and other entries as deemed necessary by the USMS.
- Schedules or arranges attorney requested video teleconference interviews with prisoners housed at various facilities outside the District.
- Processes designations received by and submitting requests for Prisoner Movement (Form 106) lo the Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System (JPATS).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Two (2) years of administration support experience preferably in a correctional environment.
- Experience in word processing and good knowledge of various software programs.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures.
- General clerical aptitude.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!