The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: BEAUMONT TRANSITIONAL TREATMENT CENTER
Compensation Base: $13.04
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, maintain continuous state of alertness and awareness to control and secure the facility and residents. Operate within legal constraints and contract agency stipulations.
We are a 24/7 operational facility. Our security team will be working 12 hour shifts, with overtime requested per facility needs. Schedules and shift may vary, per facility needs.
This is a full time position with benefits, PTO and holiday pay. Wages are $13.04/hr
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prior to relieving the watch, ensure that the equipment necessary for each watch is operational, radios, flashlights, and keys. Prepare shift documentation (i.e., end of shift reports, work orders, security reports, unusual incidents, etc.) that is legible and concise and that meets standards and contracting agency requirements.
- Receive from the Monitor I leaving the watch all information pertaining to events that transpired during the shift, (resident medical problems, disciplinary problems, new arrivals, etc.) and any special instructions. Make an entry in the security log showing the time the watch was relieved noting name and title.
- Conduct radio checks, reporting radio malfunctions immediately.
- Conduct facility counts at the prescribed times and ensure the logbooks in the buildings are accurate as to count.
- Frequently patrol building to observe and listen to individual residents and groups of residents and monitor the state of the building. Examples of activities include smelling for marijuana and/or unauthorized tobacco use; listening to conversations; ensuring doors and windows are properly secured.
- Organize and supervise resident work details to assist in maintaining facility cleanliness to ensure that facility meets and contracting agency requirements.
- Perform the following activities on both a scheduled and random basis: urinalysis testing, pat downs, shakedowns, counts, breath tests, etc., to maintain control and security of the residents and facility.
- Document disciplinary action for rule violations according to procedure, to comply with contracting agency requirements, and log accordingly.
- Conduct scheduled and impromptu cleanliness checks of the facility to maintain it in an orderly and clean fashion to meet health and environmental requirements. (Includes all rooms within the facility and residents’ personal belongings.)
- Make initial contact with any visitors and verify their identity. Be professional and courteous while assisting visitor or government officials with resident affairs (e.g., arrival, release, etc.).
- Communicate with residents and staff in a professional manner to affirm and enhance self-esteem and dignity, and to maintain positive resident/staff relations.
- Participate in staff meetings by sharing observations and recommendations regarding the facility, residents and staff relations to identify and resolve problems and function as a unified team.
- Maintain confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding employees, vendors, residents, outside agencies, etc., so that sensitive information is only given on a "need to know" basis.
- Comply with policies and work rules as described in the company Employee Handbook, the Statement of Work, and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual, including directives of managers and supervisors in a cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Adhere to attendance policy; be available to work all shifts; work overtime as required, to ensure adequate coverage of the program and to ensure the safety and security of the residents.
- Comply with facility safety rules; take appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner and without injury to self or others.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) year general work experience. Experience in a related field is preferred.
- Must hold a current and active Driver’s License.
- Sufficient organizational skills to keep the workflow on-going in an orderly manner.
- Express thoughts logically, in both written and verbal form using correct grammar.
- Demonstrate flexibility in order to perform a wide range of duties.
- Interact effectively with others and learn supervisory techniques.