The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3S8556NP2T65DBRCDF
Categories: Security/Protection Services
Facility: SOUTHEAST TEXAS TRANSITIONAL CENTER
Compensation Base: $13.04
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position oversees and maintains custody, care, and control of resident offenders of a facility, while enforcing the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the company and contracting agency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and monitors the activities of the parolees in living areas, recreation activities areas, dining areas and visitation areas.
- Conduct facility counts at the prescribed times and ensure the logbooks in the buildings are accurate as to count.
- May be assigned to various posts including, but not limited to, the control room, food service, housing dorms, perimeter security, transportation, reception, intake, and visitation, etc., as required by Shift Supervisor.
- Frequently patrol building to observe and listen to individual residents and groups of residents and monitor the state of the building. Examples of activities include smelling for marijuana and/or unauthorized tobacco use; listening to conversations; ensuring doors and windows are properly secured.
- Receive from the Monitor I leaving the watch all information pertaining to events that transpired during the shift, (resident medical problems, disciplinary problems, new arrivals, etc.) and any special instructions. Make an entry in the security log showing the time the watch was relieved noting name and title.
- Perform the following activities on both a scheduled and random basis: urinalysis testing, pat downs, shakedowns, counts, breath tests, etc., to maintain control and security of the residents and facility.
- Document disciplinary action for rule violations according to procedure, to comply with contracting agency requirements, and log accordingly.
- Conduct scheduled and impromptu cleanliness checks of the facility to maintain it in an orderly and clean fashion to meet health and environmental requirements. (Includes all rooms within the facility and residents’ personal belongings.)
- Make initial contact with any visitors and verify their identity. Be professional and courteous while assisting visitor or government officials with resident affairs (e.g., arrival, release, etc.).
- Comply with facility safety rules; take appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner and without injury to self or others.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- MUST posses High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year general work experience. Experience in a related field is preferred jail lock up, community confinement facility, juvenile facility.
- Valid driver license (no pending outstanding violations).
- Demonstrated flexibility in order to perform a wide range of duties.
- Ability to interact effectively with others and learn supervisory techniques. .
- Ability to maintain positive relation with staff and residents.
- Ability to motivate and create an atmosphere of enthusiasm toward work ethic.
- Ability to express thoughts logically, in both written and verbal form using correct grammar.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in order to perform a wide range of duties
- Ability to work with computers and the applicable software typically used by the facility.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!