The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: JOE CORLEY DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Base: 44.91 Per Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): 44.91 Per Hour
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Provides nursing intervention to improve and maintain the physical and emotional health of patients. Coordinates nursing care activities with emphasis on assessment of patient’s needs, plans and delivers direct or indirect care and evaluates results of nursing care. This position works as part of the multidisciplinary team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs the required initial nursing assessments utilizing the nursing process.
- Evaluates the medical needs of the patients and works with a multi-disciplinary team to assist in the facets of the Recovery Program relating to physical health.
- Assesses changes in patients’ status and reports appropriate physical or mental status information to the physician, mid-level practitioner, or other pertinent personnel.
- Develops the healthcare portion of the treatment plan.
- Provides nursing reassessments of treatment plan based on patients’ progress as goals are achieved.
- Accepts and transcribes verbal and written physician orders and incorporates them into the treatment plan as indicated.
- Ensures patient safety including the reporting of incidents and medication errors.
- Monitors the self-administration program
- Updates physician and interdisciplinary team on patients’ current and potential medical problems with proper documentation.
- Protects patients’ privacy and rights.
- Communicates and endorses accurate information regarding patients’ status and care during shift reports.
- Evaluates patient response and reaction (if any) to medications and/or medical treatments administered. Documents patient response.
- Recommends and revises nursing interventions in collaboration with other staff according to evaluation of progress or significant changes in the patient’s condition.
- Provides patient care as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services. Attends professional seminars. Is responsible for providing evidence of continuing education.
- Participates in orientation of new employees, program interns, and volunteers.
- Attends mandatory in-services.
- Provides for the patient’s health education needs.
- Participates as directed in the Quality Improvement Process
- Follows up on medical or psychiatric referrals.
- Participates in the infection control program
- Adheres to confidentiality requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois.
- Previous experience in the mental health field, or chemical dependency field or equivalent education/academic preparation required.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Current Illinois driver’s license.
- Flexibility to adapt to schedule changes and assumption of responsibilities not delineated in the job description which are related to work as a member of an addiction/behavioral health treatment team.
- Knowledge of the procedures to following the event of an incident.
- Knowledge of job responsibility in emergency.
- Knowledge of responsibility regarding actions to minimize, eliminate, and report risks.
- Ability to use computers and the associated software applications used by the department.