The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3M0GF66HG37XWP4QLN
Categories: Human Resources - Generalists, Human Resources - Management, Human Resources - Training & Development, Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES
Facility: LIBERTY COUNTY JAIL
Compensation Base: 10.92 PER HOUR
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Under direct supervision, provides general administrative clerical support within a facility’s human resources area. Support activities may include processing employee actions and assisting in the areas of personnel filing and maintenance; recruitment and employment; compensation and benefit administration; and training. This position may also provide first-level assistance to the employees at a facility to routine and general human resources questions and inquiries. The work involved in this position is typically regarded as confidential in nature.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides general employment information and appropriate forms to applicants or employees, ensuring that when forms are submitted, they are completed thoroughly and accurately. Receives and responds to varied general questions from applicants, employees or managers, referring more difficult ones to a higher level Human Resource employee.
- Sends, retrieves, and reviews results from background screening contractor. Determines whether or not applicant or employee meets eligibility requirements for employment. Discusses eligibility issues with applicant or employee.
- Reviews forms and enters information in the human resource information system accurately and thoroughly.
- Completes routine assignments independently. Detailed guidance is available for situations that deviate from established guidelines.
- May verify employment dates and places supplied on job applications.
- May develop general reports and information on human resource activities as requested.
- Prepares and processes new hire forms and personnel actions.
- Assists in the completion and maintenance of personnel files.
- Responds to incoming phone calls and takes messages in the absence of management personnel.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information with discretion and diplomacy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Two (2) years of clerical experience or an equivalent combination of clerical, payroll, and human resources experience required.
- Working knowledge of human resource activities highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of business English, good grammar and spelling skills, and ability to develop correspondence, reports and operational directives required. Must have a proven history of exercising discretion and retaining confidentiality.
- Although this position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform its functions, this position requires the ability to make minor decisions in accordance with established rules and regulations as it pertains to the sensitive nature of the information this position works with on a daily basis.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software applications used by the department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!