The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER
at The Geo Group
Facility: Montgomery Processing Center
Compensation Base: 54,000
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): 54,000
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Manages and governs all dietary services for the facility operation, including operational planning and management of kitchen, service line and dining area staff. Manages food service budget in compliance with facility, corporate and client agency directives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the daily operation of the facility food service operations. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Reviews menus and supervises the handling, preparation, and storage of food, maintenance of equipment, records and sanitation.
- Develops and maintains food services policies and procedures in accordance with professional standards and the guidelines established for the facility by the company.
- Manages the work of other employees by assigning and inspecting the work performed. Supervision includes selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action, including termination.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by detainee food service staff.
- Monitors and maintains company quality assurance and controls in the food production areas.
- Manages food service budget including all food and equipment inventory. Produces various reports on operational efficiencie's, staff usage, as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related area and a minimum of five (5) years prior experience managing a food service operation, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Experience in institutional cooking in a correctional setting preferred.
- Requires extensive knowledge of the practices and materials used in food service procedures. Must have successful work history of coordinating the demands of a food service operation, displaying a thorough knowledge of administrative techniques and personnel policies and procedures.
- Proficiency with computer systems preferred.
- Demonstrates effective personnel interactions, communication skills, and problem solving techniques.
- Must be 21 years of age