The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant (Spanish Bilingual)
at The Geo Group
Facility: ISAP SW HOUSTON TX C SITE
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to fill the role for our U.S. government Intensive Supervision Appearance Program (ISAP). This program aims to supervise individuals who have entered the country illegally as they move through the immigration court system. In this dynamic role, you will assist case specialist and participants of the ISAP program following the guidelines of the government Department of Homeland Security contract.
This is a great opportunity to continue building your career in criminal justice, psychology and/or social work and administration. If you are passionate about influencing positive changes in the lives of others, this may be the right opportunity for you!
- Provides administrative and clerical support for an Intensive Supervision Appearance Program (ISAP) office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets and communicates with ISAP program participants, community visitors, agency personnel and general visitors.
- Ensures that program participants are properly checked in for office visits.
- Answers the phones and directs calls appropriately.
- Maintains program participant case records on the computer system by performing data entry.
- Maintains files and other related documentation.
- Assists the Program Manager and Case Specialists with case coordination, communication with the contracting agency and routine clerical tasks.
- Coordinates transportation services for program participants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Business or related field required. Two years of related work experience in an administrative field may be substituted for an Associate’s Degree.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- At least two years of work experience in a similar position, including experience working with multi-cultural contacts.
- At least two years of experience working with computers.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to deal tactfully with the public.
- Sound judgment and even temperament. Ability to maintain self-control in stressful situations, such as interpersonal confrontations or emergencies.
- Ability to deal with multi-cultural contacts with sensitivity.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish Required.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will be part of a stable, established, and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- Three weeks Paid Time Off
- 11 paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Legal program – Legal Club of America
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts
Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today!