The Bergaila Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mill Spooling Operator
at The Bergaila Companies
- Job ID
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
We are currently seeking a Mill Spooling Operator in Houston, TX. Our client is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
The Mill Spooling Operator will be responsible for:
- Operating foundation, pump, and level winder for proper spooling of tubing onto spools during the milling of strings.
- Assisting with preparing spools and traps for hookup prior to startup of the mill.
- Maintaining inventory of clamps, collars, rust preventative, chain, wrenches, and all other necessary tools and supplies needed for the mill spooling area.
- Conducting inspections of conveyor stands and coolant tank / rollers to insure they are operating properly and report problems to supervisor.
- Assisting with startup of the mill guiding the tubing from the end of the mill to the spool.
- Operating the hydraulic pump and foundation to start the spool turning when the tubing is stabbed into the hole / trap.
- Maintaining a clean and organized spooling area.
- Assisting in mill change overs and set up.
- Serving as a ground guide to material handlers for loading of empty spools and unloading of strings from foundations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complying with all applicable HSE requirements as specified in Quality Tubings HSE Operational Requirement for roles and responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to determine percentages.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.