The Bergaila Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Bergaila Companies
- Job ID
- Location : City
- Port Arthur
- Location : State/Province
We are currently seeking a Cost Analyst for a contract opportunity in Port Arthur, TX.
The Cost Analyst will be responsible for:
- Supporting assigned area within a project.
- Maintaining and supporting project cost monthly.
- Coordinating engineering, procurement and construction reporting.
- Identifying and planning all cost activities on the project.
- Inputing cost activities into the cost control system.
- Processing invoices for engineering, procurement and construction.
- Providing monthly cost reporting, trending, forecast at completion analysis, cost and variance analysis.
- Preparing procedures for project control activities to include budget preparation, forecasts, estimating and benchmarks.
- Supporting Cost Control Lead in risk mitigation and contingency planning process.
- Interfacing and coordinating with the planning and scheduling specialists to ensure that data is incorporated into the integrated project schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Accounting
- 5+ years experience as a cost engineer on major capital projects. and accounting.
- 5+ years experience with invoice validation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project Suite; Excel, Work Power Point
- CCE Certification (Certified Cost Engineer)
- Good working knowledge of SAP
- Technical competency in the field of project controls.
- Basic understanding of the project process and interactions required to execute projects
- Background in the technical areas related to the project
- Understanding of the estimating process and developing budgets within a WBS
- Fundamental knowledge of processes and standards
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of professionals
- Good judgment to ensure decisions are “value adding”
- Working knowledge of ECOSYS management software preferred
-Strong knowledge and experience in Change Management tracking / analysis and requisition generation preferred