Texas Western Hospitality
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Housekeeping Houseperson- Full Service
at Texas Western Hospitality
Texas Western Hospitality and managing partner Western International own and operate over thirty hotels, ranging from select service and full service to extended stays. We build and manage only the best brands. We proudly fly Marriott, Hilton, and Holiday Inn flags. We operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, and Washington State. We also have several properties currently under construction, which will be opening in the near future.
At TWH, we fly the best flags, build the best hotels and employ the best people. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to our stakeholders, investment partners, owners, associates, and customers alike.
The Housekeeping Houseperson will:
- Sorts all linen and separates and treats all stains.
- Loads articles into washer and adds the specified amount of detergent, soap, or other cleaning agents.
- Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into dryers for measured time cycles. Sorts the dried articles according to type.
- Folds and places item in appropriate locations.
- Soaks contaminated articles in neutralizer solution.
- Maintains the inventory of cleaning supplies and ensures the General Manager is aware of an inventory needs.
- Maintains all laundry equipment and informs appropriate personnel of any maintenance needs.
- Remains knowledgeable about the hotel’s facilities including but not limited to: the hallways, the vending areas, the outdoor corridors, the lobby area, the break room, the fitness center, the back office area, the laundry room, public restrooms, and other public areas.
- Knows the proper methods of cleaning each area. Knows when each area should be cleaned according to scheduled times or when needed.
- Inspects all public areas to ensure cleanliness standards have been met; reports any problem areas to supervisor.
- Answers guest requests, including delivering cots, cribs, towels, pillows, irons, and ironing boards, etc. to guest rooms.
- Drives hotel shuttle when asked and carries guest luggage (must have valid driver’s license and insurable by hotels’ insurance carrier)
- Cleans and services assigned areas in response to special requests or problems.
- Picks up noticeable trash or debris and sweeps or vacuums entry at the front desk upon arrival.
- Cleans and sanitizes telephones, door handles, and other hardware fixtures. Also polishes chrome and other surfaces routinely.
- Dust, clean, and straighten furniture.
- Vacuums all areas according to a schedule or when needed.
- Responds quickly to a guest, supervisor, or management requests in a friendly and appropriate manner.
- Reports needed repairs or unsafe conditions to supervisor and guest services.
- Keeps supplies organized and stocked. Reports needed materials to the supervisor.
- May occasionally assist room attendants with heavy items such as mattresses and soiled linens. May deliver necessary or low-stocked supplies to room attendants or other lobby attendants.
- Cleans designated areas such as the lobby, public restrooms, public areas and back of house areas on hotel property.
- Collects trash throughout the hotel including room attendants’ carts, vending and room service areas, offices, and restrooms.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.