Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- US-TX-The Woodlands
- WOO VOLUNTEER SERVICES
- Talent Area
- Administrative Support
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are searching for a Volunteer Coordinator – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll coordinate and supervise the volunteers within the hospital, which includes interviewing and placing the volunteers in the appropriate service assignments within the hospital or off-site.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Interview volunteers and place them in their appropriate assignment
- Ensure that criminal background checks are completed for all volunteers and follow up when necessary
- Orient volunteers and schedule trainings
- Interact with the hospital staff to ensure that they receive volunteers that match the departments’ needs and maintain open communications between volunteer preceptors and staff
- Ensure volunteer satisfaction by matching them to the department that fits their skills and interests and coordinate with staff about the training and development of volunteers
- Assist with the input and maintanence of volunteer records and hours to ensure appropriate record keeping of volunteer hours and information
- Ensure the smooth running of the department, which may include assisting patients, families, visitors, and staff with their questions and needs
- Generate reports for volunteer activity as needed
- Participate in staff and other group meetings as needed
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years’ experience related to volunteer services required
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree may substitute for experience
- Experience managing volunteers preferred
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.