Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ultrasonographer-OB-REI Clinic-The Woodlands
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- US-TX-The Woodlands
- Talent Area
- Professional - Clinical
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- Monday-Friday 8a-5p
We are searching for an Ultrasonographer — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll perform routine and specialized ultrasound exams for interpretation by the radiologists using specialized equipment. You will be responsible for patient care, appropriate documentation, quality control, quality improvement, maintain a safe environment, and act as Charge Sonographer in absence of the team leader.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Confirm appropriateness of ordered exam from the diagnosis and contact appropriate medical staff for additional patient information when necessary
• Communicate with the radiologist to obtain appropriate exam protocol and make informed decisions when the radiologist is not available
• Select appropriate equipment and patient position to ensure optimal diagnostic images
• Assist radiologists with biopsies, drainages, invasive procedure, and the scheduling of ultrasound examinations
• Perform quality control checks for all exams
• Document pertinent patient history, sedation used on patient requisition, and number of films used in the radiology information system
• Maintain an accurate logbook of all patients scanned on a daily basis
• Render first aid when necessary and notify appropriate personnel of emergency situations
• Maintain confidentiality of passwords/codes for all information systems and patient information
• Verify and confirm patient identification and patient information
• Maintain a professional rapport with customers and colleagues
• Participate in continuing education and inservice programs in addition to training new employees and others as needed
• Assist sonographers/team members with exam problems, errors, work performance, et cetera
• Completion of a formal 2-year training in a school of ultrasound by the Joint Review committee required
• Bachelor’s degree in diagnostic medical sonography preferred
• RDMS certification required
• ARRT and CMRT certification preferred
• 3 years’ radiographer/ultrasound experience required
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.