Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transport Registered Respiratory Therapist
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Talent Area
- Shift Description
We are searching for a Transport Registered Respiratory Therapist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide quality respiratory care, treatment and stabilization of critically ill patients during transport and on code/rapid response calls. You will also will work in collaboration with the medical control and Registered Nurse (RN) to assess, treat and stabilize the patient/family/visitor until the patient is moved to a higher level of care if indicated.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating respiratory care to critically ill patients including neonates, pediatric and adult patients in an evidenced-based and family- centered manner during transport and as code/rapid response RRT
• Demonstrates commitment and dedication to patients and families
• Demonstrates commitment to program development and quality initiatives
• Ensure smooth safe program operations
• Responsible for maintaining professional development of self and others
• Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy
• Respiratory Care License, RCP from the Texas Medical Board
• RRT License from Respiratory Therapists National Board for Respiratory Care
• Certificate of Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
• Passport - US Passport/International Document US Department of State (required within 4 months of hire)
• Certificate of Neonatal/Pediatric Respiratory Care from SPCLST National Board for Respiratory Care (required within 4 months of hire)
• PALS Certificate from American Heart Association (required within 4 months of hire)
• Certificate of Neonatal Resuscitation Program from American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Heart Association (required within 4 months of hire)
• Certificate of Advanced Cardiac LS ACLS from American Heart Association (required within 6 months of hire)
• Certificate of Neonatal Pediatric Transport, national from Certification Corporation (required within 18 months of hire)
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.