Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Therapy Supervisor - Outpatient Sports, Ortho & Physical Therapy Clinic - West Campus
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- WC OP & ANCILARY ADMIN
- Talent Area
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- Monday - Friday, 8a - 5p
We are searching for a Therapy Supervisor — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will supervise therapy staff, promote program development, assist in daily operations related to the provision of therapy services, provide clinical direction to therapists, technicians and students and plan, evaluate, organize, design and implement treatment techniques and programs in a developmentally and age appropriate manner for patients ages 0 to adulthood within the scope of demonstrated competencies.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Serves as front line supervisor in collaboration with leadership team and therapy manager
- Performs patient care and related activities (50% of discipline specific budgeted productivity)
- Provides clinical leadership and serves as an instructor/mentor
- Facilitates/promotes program development and departmental/interdepartmental performance improvement
- Attends health, safety, and training in services and other mandatory hospital activities
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy, physical therapy, or speech therapy
- Certified Occupational or Physical Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist by State of Texas
- 5 years of clinical experience (clinical residency may be counted at a premium on a 1:2 ratio)
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of pediatric therapy developmentally appropriate for children ages 0 – adulthood
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of time management, basic fiscal management, systems operations, personnel management, joint commission standards, and organizational culture
- Ability to be articulate, courteous and supportive in dealing with hospital, administrative and health center personnel, patients, and parents with ability to honor confidentiality; to independently treat complex patients by developing and following an individualized therapy plan of care; demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills; management skills as they relate to hospital IDS and personnel growth and development, demonstrate leadership, and ability to set priorities
- Problem solves independently as exhibited by the ability to automatically analyze situations, evaluate priorities, and initiate appropriate course of action
- Utilize basic office equipment such as fax, photocopier, and PC
- The ability to efficiently and effectively maneuver through word-processing and spreadsheet programs is considered a mandatory skill required for the job (transition management/change)
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.