Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Coordinator - Mass Spectrometry - West Tower (8a - 5p)
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Lab - Chemistry
- Talent Area
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 8a - 5p / Full Time
We are searching for a Technical Coordinator- Mass Spectrometry — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide effective guidance and operation of the laboratory in compliance with departmental and institutional goals. You will coordinate technical procedures to ensure that high-quality laboratory services and testing are provided to patients in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Recognize and solve administrative/operational problems
- Develop new methodology and procedures as well as coordinate the performance of method evaluations to include technical performance ease of use/performance
- Troubleshoot equipment and method performance issues
- Liaise/communicate with other sections, departments, physicians, nursing personnel, vendors, and others
- Ensure the data integrity of reports to all viewing and reporting systems throughout the IDS
- Develop and maintain a quality program for hematology/coagulation to include setting quality control performance policies
- Assist in reviewing proficiency testing results
- Maintain and revise manuals in addition to writing technical procedures
- Oversee instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
- Maintain the supply inventory as well as expenses and usage of consumables
- Monitor overtime expenses
- Coordinate and facilitate continuing education events for the staff
- Bachelor’s degree in science required
- BB-ASCP, C-ASCP, CG-ASCP, CLSP-NCA, H-ASDCP, HLT, M-ASCP, MB-ASCP, MLS-ASCP, MP-ASCP, MT-AMT, MT-ASCP, MT-STATE, SBB-ASCP, SC-ASCP, Or EDUHRUSE certification in Lieu of certification required
- 4 years’ experience in a laboratory setting (1 year of which takes place in a specialization) required
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.