Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Administrator, Sr
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- IS TECH SRVC
- Talent Area
- Information Services
- Full/Part Time
We are searching for a Sr. Linux/AIX Systems Administrator — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll develop clinical/business solutions by investigating processes to understand data and communications flow with individual tasks and transactions within the hospital’s Integrated Delivery System.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
We are looking for a Sr Linux Administrator who has Redhat certification.
AIX and Azure cloud experience are pluses.
Desire experience in managing and maintaining systems in a large enterprise environment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains operating system administration software
- Conducts software product evaluations and make recommendations to management
- Monitors and maintains system performance of Enterprise Servers (approx 500+ servers)
- Performs capacity planning and file systems management
- Provides technical assistance and training in operating systems, hardware platforms, network protocols and vendor or third party utilities to Information Services staff
- Supports application activities that require specialized system-level support
- Plans, installs and tests application software in production and test environments
- Identifies need for new hardware or software
- Provides end user support
- Ensures business continuity and participates in execution of disaster recovery plan
- Captures information from user requesting Crisis Alert, by documenting affected systems, preliminary impact to users, and verbiage for decimating crisis information
- Translates users’ needs into detail requirement specifications
- Assists users in determining specific requirements to increase system effectiveness
- Investigates alternative solutions including feasibility studies using results from vendor analysis/evaluations
- Supports the system installation through the implementation cycle
- Develop, schedule and facilitate test plans for hardware, network, integration, user acceptance, and parallel usage
- Performs configuration analysis for system design associated with small and less complex projects
- Analyzes system problems and modifications
- Coordinates implementation and upgrades of systems
Skills & Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- 7 years of experience in administration of enterprise-level systems
- Bachelor’s degree will substitute for 4 years of work experience
- Knowledge of current business practices and computing systems, interfaces, and hospital standard software
- Familiarity with applicable operating systems used by the hospital and data processing techniques and practices
- Familiarity with a variety of hardware and software environments
- A working knowledge of the healthcare industry is also required
- Project management and planning, process mapping, group presentation, leadership, team building, written and verbal communication, analytical, and organizational skills, ability to analyze the functionality of systems and their fit with specifications, and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.