Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor Patient Access
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- PT ACCESS ADMISSIONS
- Talent Area
- Professional - Non-Clinical
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 9a - 6p & on call for weekends
We are searching for a Patient Access Supervisor — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide day-to-day direction and oversight to the assigned admissions team and serve as a resource for all admissions staff on highly complex issues and problem resolution.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Plans and deploys people and resources to ensure the teams are manned at all appropriate times and customers receive prompt attention
- Coaches and develops team members to required standards
- Implements quality controls through routine auditing to ensure process adherence and delivery of quality service
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Provides management support and supervision of daily operations
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience in scheduling, registration, and/or pre-service verification
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree may substitute for the experience requirement
- Knowledge of daily operations and expectations of a patient access environment including front desk point of service duties, insurance verification/authorization, and pre-service estimate/collection (pre-service)
- Basic knowledge of best practice standards for customer service and management of customer expectations
- Understanding the importance of employee engagement in the front desk environment
- Ability to predict outcomes based on existing processes and/or checks and balances, strong PC skills, the ability to work under pressure and to meet targets, and the ability to listen and record accurate information
- Must demonstrate self-initiated work behaviors and good verbal and written communication skills
- Would prefer a bilingual speaker (English and Spanish), a positive attitude and flexible approach
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.