Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. VMware Systems Engineer
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- IS TECH SRVC
- Talent Area
- Information Services
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are searching for a Sr. VMware Systems Engineer– someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll develop, analyze, and advice our staff on technical solutions as they use applications across the integrated delivery system. You will review and provide advice on application requirements, application and processing architecture, and designs. You will develop, amend, optimize, and certify the application and system design as well as resolve the application information flow, application integration, and whether the required infrastructure can support the application requirements.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- VMware experience! (Managing VMare and the hardware, optimization/improvements/enhancements)
- Building systems in a private clould.
- Performing Health Checks/Operatonal Health of VMware stack and Hardware stack.
- Experince as a lead, ideally over individuals responsible for automation.
- Experience in larger enterprise environements (2000-4000 servers)
Nice to have:
Familiarity/knowledge of HP 3Par storage (Interface with 3Par, architecting solutions with Servers)
Familiarity with Azure cloud and HP Synergy
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate new developments and make sure it is consistent and integrated with the existing information data structure
- Lead and engage in business analysis, information acquisition analysis and design, data access analysis and design, archive and recovery strategy, security, and change management
- Appraise the effectiveness of systems flow, data usage, and manual or automated processes to identify ineffectiveness or inefficiency of the system
- Develop, design, and modify technical specifications for the integrated delivery system
- Coordinate the design and analysis of the implementation of new systems and the modification of new systems
- Identify and recommend tools and technologies using best practices/industry standards to support strategic direction to assist in deploying appropriate business initiatives
- Lead development and maintenance programming activities with management, IS personnel, end users, or vendors during all phases of the system life cycle
- Participate in meetings concerning user consulting, systems analysis, system design, and vendor contracts
- Develop and prepare documentation standards
- Provide emergency support for malfunctioning system
Skills & Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- 11 years’ experience in major system design and implementation
- Project management or project leadership experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a Master’s degree is preferred and may substitute for additional experience
- Thorough knowledge of the Epic system
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.