Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- TCP NORTHEAST
- Talent Area
- Social Worker
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 8:30am - 5:30pm
We are searching for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll develop, plan, and deliver evidence-based assessments and therapy services to youth and families. You will also engage in social work services to assist patients and families in identifying and utilizing health care and community resources accordingly.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provide psychosocial screenings/assessments by interviewing patients and families for information about the patient’s social, emotional, psychological, developmental, educational, vocational, environmental, financial, and health situations for patient care and treatment/transition planning
- Provide evidence-based psychotherapy for the individual, family, parents, and groups to help reduce symptoms of mental illness
- Establish achievable treatment goals with patients and track patient progress via ongoing symptom and functional assessments
- Complete therapy notes for each individual/family therapy sessions and maintain the privacy and confidentiality of those records
- Coordinate care with other mental health providers to ensure selected treatments match the patient’s current symptoms, developmental level, and functioning
- Actively participate in providers’ conferences to identify and respond to the psychosocial needs of the patient and families
- Provide social work planning by working with patients, families, and providers to develop and implement social work care plans based on the psychosocial screenings/assessments and the patient’s developmental stages, chronological age, and medical history, and address continuity of care and transitional planning issues
- Conduct patient/family need assessments, identify and assess the patient/family knowledge, and provide information about additional community resources
- Seek specific consultation, supervision, didactic training, or education in areas of competency to be developed
- Educate others via presentations, community outreach, and/or student supervision
- Supervise the Licensed Master Social Workers
- Master’s degree in social work
- LCSW certification
- 2 years’ social work experience
- Previous employment in health care, health care specialization during schooling, and/or a field work practicum in health care is preferred
- Bilingual preferred
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over 50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.