Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Service Response Ctr Operatr I
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Talent Area
- Skilled Crafts Worker
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 7a - 7p
We are searching for a Service Response Center Operator I - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll monitor and respond to automated building system alarms including fire protection, medical air/gas, refrigeration, pneumatic tube, access control, burglar alarm, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), and utility systems in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and regulatory agency codes. Additionally, you will dispatch and process work orders in computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to accurately document services requested and actions taken to ensure customer satisfaction and to maintain a safe environment for patients, visitors, and staff. A Service Response Center Operator I may perform some, or all, of the task listed below.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Monitors and responds to automated building system alarms in accordance with departmental and hospital policies
- Processes and dispatches demand work orders
- Documents resolution status of demand and preventive maintenance work orders
- Monitors daily operational logs and systems of equipment, and Public Safety announcements
- Demonstrates ownership for responsibilities in assigned area and other designated areas
- Demonstrates accountability for customer service and professional behavior through personal work ethic, teamwork, and effective communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One of the following:
- Three (3) years of related dispatch experience
- Prior hospital experience preferred
- 3rd grade stationary engineer license preferred
- Knowledge of usage of PCs, computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), automated building systems, and diagnostics to resolve system alarms
- Ability to use computers for building automation and CMMS
- Ability to resource work with others effectively
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Responsibilities will require safe work practices and compliance with OSHA requirements
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.