Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Contracts Specialist
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Talent Area
- Professional - Non-Clinical
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are searching for a Senior Contracts Specialist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide skilled professional duties relating to the initiation and completion of contractual arrangements and other contracts assigned and entered into by, and on behalf of, internal entities. You will coordinate vendor selection, contract initiation, negotiation, and contract review and approval processes for business arrangements.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Prepare complex contractual agreements by utilizing contract templates, drafting custom contracts, or obtaining vendor paper per Contracts Matrix
- Respond to customer inquiries in a professional and timely manner, and assist them with securing answers and resolutions to their contract-related inquiries
- Ensure contract terms and conditions adhere to set policies and procedures, and any applicable laws and regulations
- Convert online and outside purchase requisitions into purchase orders using PeopleSoft software
- Monitor purchasing practices for opportunities to improve services and efficiencies in departmental operations and communicate to the manager and the department
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in contracting, preferably in a health care environment
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.