Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Respiratory Care Prct.,Adv.
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Respiratory Care
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are searching for an Advanced Respiratory Care Practitioner – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this role, you’ll administer a variety of respiratory care procedures in a developmentally/age appropriate manner for patients ranging from neonates to adults.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs patient care activities according to policy and/or guidelines, and in compliance with MD order to provide optimal patient outcome
- Documents patient-related activities according to policy/guidelines accurately and legibly
- Facilitates good communication with physician, nurses, and other members of the health care team to coordinate optimal patient care
- Performs medical record review to ensure physician's orders for respiratory care are current, signed off appropriately, coincident with therapy delivered, and are optimal for patient outcome
- Communicates with physicians, provides suggestions and input into the patient's plan of care, attempts to initiate respiratory protocols for all applicable patients, attends physician rounds consistently
- Delivers a complete and comprehensive verbal report to the oncoming shift and manager by reporting all information relevant to the patient’s plan of care and anticipated problems
- Provides instruction to patients and families
- Provides orientation/reinforcement to respiratory care modalities pertaining to their disease process
- Expand professional knowledge base and clinical capabilities
- Graduate of an A.M.A approved Associates degree certification/registry program OR may be a graduate of an A.M.A. approved Bachelor degree program in respiratory care
- Current license to practice respiratory care the in the State of Texas
- Recognized by the National Board for Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- A minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience in both critical and non-critical care areas, with a minimum of six (6) months of experience in critical care
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology of the cardiopulmonary systems and infection control; disease states, pathophysiology and pharmacology; operation of equipment used to administer routine respiratory care therapeutic modalities; special procedures once trained
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.