Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Outpatient (Orthopedic Surgery) Woodlands Campus
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- US-TX-The Woodlands
- WOO ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY
- Talent Area
- Registered Nurse
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 8a - 5p
We are searching for a Registered Nurse (RN) — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll provide direct and telephone nursing care, health teaching, patient advocacy, coordination of care, and the coordination of services required for patients outside the clinical setting. We need someone who can provide family-centered care to a culturally diverse population in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assess patients
- Coordinate the plans of care
- Collaborate with the patient, family, and members of the health care team to establish desired outcomes and to meet immediate and future health care needs
- Implement and evaluate plans of care
- Educate patients, families, and the community
- Demonstrate positive and effective interpersonal skills, communication, and customer service skills
- Demonstrate the ability to manage time and resources in a cost-effective manner
- Accountable for maintaining professional development of self and participate in development of others
- Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, or other diploma in nursing
- Bachelor’s in nursing preferred
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the state of Texas
- AHA BLS certification
- 1 year of professional nursing experience
- Knowledge of nursing functions, basic anatomy and physiology, and diagnostic procedures
- Ability to demonstrate and perform generic and unit-based/critical competencies
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.