Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Outpatient Clinic (MultiSpecialty/GI) Sugarland
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Talent Area
- Registered Nurse
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 8A - 5P
We are searching for a Registered Nurse (RN) — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll provide direct and telephone nursing care, health teaching, patient advocacy, supervision and coordination of care given by others, and the coordination of services required for patients outside the ambulatory care setting in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assess patients
- Plan, implement, and evaluate the process of care
- Educate patients, families, and the community
- Demonstrate positive and effective interpersonal skills, communication, and customer service skills
- Function as a patient care coordinator
- Remain current in unit/hospital information
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing Or Associates Degree in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement
Or Technical diploma in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement
Or Must be currently enrolled in a nursing bridge program working toward an MSN.
- Verified BSN-equivalency or a signed agreement is required.
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas is required
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association is required
- 1 year of professional nursing experience
- Knowledge of nursing functions, basic anatomy and physiology, and diagnostic procedures
- Ability to demonstrate and perform generic and unit-based/critical competencies
Texas Children’s Specialty Care
Strategically located throughout the greater Houston area, Texas Children's Specialty Care offer the same high-quality pediatric subspecialty care as our hospital – right in your neighborhood. Staffed by pediatric specialists from Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, our teams are trained to care for the physical and emotional needs of children and adolescents. Working closely with a child's primary-care physician, our specialists diagnose health conditions and develop patient-specific treatment plans. Texas Children's Specialty Care locations use child-sized medical equipment in colorful, child-friendly atmospheres that cater to young patients' needs and interests.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.