Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Outpatient (Cardiology Clinic) West Campus
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- WC PULMONARY CLINIC
- Talent Area
- Registered Nurse
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 7:30A - 4PM
We are searching for a Registered Nurse (RN) — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll provide direct and telephone nursing care, health teaching, patient advocacy, supervision and coordination of care given by others, and the coordination of services required for patients outside the ambulatory care setting in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assess patients
- Plan, implement, and evaluate the process of care
- Educate patients, families, and the community
- Demonstrate positive and effective interpersonal skills, communication, and customer service skills
- Function as a patient care coordinator
- Remain current in unit/hospital information
- Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, or other diploma in nursing
- Bachelor’s in nursing preferred
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the state of Texas
- AHA BLS certification
- 1 year of professional nursing experience
- Knowledge of nursing functions, basic anatomy and physiology, and diagnostic procedures
- Ability to demonstrate and perform generic and unit-based/critical competencies
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.