Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN)- Inpatient- PACU- Pavilion for Women
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- PW OR - ANESTHESIA
- Talent Area
- Registered Nurse
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are searching for an Inpatient Staff Nurse- PACU (Pavilion for Women)- Full Time- 530a-2p– someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you will provide nursing care to patients having a diagnostic imaging study by ensuring patient comfort and safety while collaborating with the department to optimize patient throughput.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs and documents assessment of the patient/family including bio-physical, psychosocial, developmental (age-appropriate), cultural, spiritual, and environmental needs in an organized and systematic manner
- Collects and analyzes data from the medical record in order to coordinate patient care
- Identifies patient's needs pertaining to patient teaching, discharge planning, growth and development, nutritional screening, functional status, and pain management
- Re-prioritizes and updates plan of care based on new information and changes in the patient's condition; communicates this information to other health care team members and documents in the medical record
- Discusses the patient's plan of care with family and/or significant individuals and documents in the medical record as appropriate
- Evaluates and documents patient's response to the care provided and recognizes the patient's progress toward meeting the desired outcomes and discusses with the patient/family
- Formulates, implements, and documents individualized teaching plan based on patient/family assessment
- Serves as a patient/family advocate while caring for patients and collaborating with other health care team members
- Administers and documents medications and treatments in a timely manner
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to acquire new knowledge and utilize new skills needed to improve individual, team, and organizational performances
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing Or Associates Degree in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement
Or Technical diploma in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement
Or Must be currently enrolled in a nursing bridge program working toward an MSN.
- Verified BSN-equivalency or a signed agreement is required.
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas is required
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association is required
- (1) year of professional nursing experience
- OB, L&D, PACU or ICU experience strongly preferred
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.