Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN), Inpatient- PACU
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Talent Area
- Registered Nurse
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are searching for a Staff Nurse Full Time PACU– someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, educating, implementing, and evaluating age-appropriate care in a manner that incorporates family-centered principles and cost-effective care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Perform and document assessments of the patient/family including biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, spiritual, and environmental needs in an organized manner
- Collect and analyze data from the medical record in order to coordinate patient care
- Analyze situations, anticipate potential problems, and detect changes in patient status
- Identify patient’s needs pertaining to patient teaching, discharge planning, growth and development, nutritional screening, functional status, and pain management
- Develop an individualized plan of care based upon the nursing assessment and re-prioritize as needed
- Participate in interdisciplinary rounds and/or patient care conferences and document it in the medical record
- Execute therapeutic physician or nurse interventions according to establish standards of practice
- Evaluate and document the patient’s response to the care provided and recognize their progress toward meeting the desired outcome
- Identify actual/potential barrier to learning and utilize teaching strategies as appropriate
- Serve as a patient/family advocate while caring for the patients and collaborate with other health care team members
- Maintain confidentiality concerning patient/family issues
- Utilize patient supplies and equipment in a cost-effective manner
- Administer and document medication and treatments in a timely manner
- Attend mandatory training and developmental activities
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or an associate’s degree, technical diploma, or current enrollment in a nursing bridge program is required
- RN and BLS certification required
- 1 year professional nursing experience
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.