Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN), Inpatient - Operating Room - The Woodlands
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Talent Area
- Registered Nurse
- Shift Description
- Multiple Shifts
We are searching for a Staff Nurse—someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position you’ll provide quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, educating, implementing, and evaluating age appropriate care in a manner that incorporates family centered principles and cost effective care. We need someone who can collect and analyze data from the medical record in order to coordinate patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs and documents assessment of the patient/family including bio-physical, psychosocial, developmental (age-appropriate), cultural, spiritual, and environmental needs in an organized and systematic manner
- Analyzes situations, anticipates potential problem, and detects changes in patient status
- Involves patient/family in the patient’s plan of care
- Implements high quality, cost effective patient care in conjunction with the patient/family
- Evaluates and documents patient’s response to the care provided and recognizes the patient’s progress toward meeting the desired outcomes and discusses with the patient/family
- Educates patient and family
- Assesses patient/family learning needs, capabilities, preferences, and readiness to learn prior to teaching
- Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
- Accountable for managing time and resources in a cost-effective manner
- Accountable for maintaining professional development of self and participates in development of others
- Participates in achieving hospital/ unit goals
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing, or Diploma in Nursing (Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred)
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas
- Knowledge of the principals of biological, physical, and social science
- Ability to observe, assess, intervene, evaluate, care and counsel
- Administration of medications or treatments
- Administration, supervision, and evaluation of nursing practices, policies, and procedures
- Developmental (age-appropriate) nursing practices
- Ability to demonstrate positive and appropriate interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate good time and resource management skills, flexibility, strong oral and written communication and operate unit specific equipment
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).