Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN), Inpatient – Neurology
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Talent Area
- Registered Nurse
- Shift Description
We are searching for a Registered Nurse (Inpatient Neurology) Part-Time Days – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, educating, implementing, and evaluating age-appropriate care in a manner that incorporates family-centered principles and cost-effective care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Inpatient acute care experience
- Pediatric experience a plus
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform and document assessments of the patient/family including biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, spiritual, and environmental needs
- Collect and analyze data from the medical record in order to coordinate patient care
- Analyze situations, anticipate potential problems, and detect changes in patient status
- Identify each patient’s needs pertaining to patient teaching, discharge planning, growth and development, nutritional screening, functional status, and pain management
- Develop an individualized plan of care based upon the nursing assessment and re-prioritize and change as necessary
- Determine which standards of care and practice apply to the patient and coordinate among other health team members as appropriate
- Participate in interdisciplinary rounds and/or patient care conferences
- Execute therapeutic physician or nurse interventions according to established standards
- Evaluate and document the patient’s response to the care provided and recognize their progress towards the desired outcome
- Identify actual/potential barriers to learning and utilize various teaching strategies to overcome them as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality concerning patient/family issues
- Act as a resource in educating new employees/team members
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or other degree in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas and current BLS certification is required
- 1 year of professional nursing experience
- The ability to demonstrate positive and appropriate interpersonal skills, good time and resource management skills, flexibility, strong oral and written communication skills, knowledge of unit-specific equipment, and knowledge of the nursing process, critical thinking skills, PALS, and interdisciplinary collaboration
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.