Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN), Inpatient - Acute/Chronic Renal Dialysis (Multiple Shifts)
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Shift Description
- Multiple Shifts
We are searching for a Staff Nurse for inpatient renal analysis—someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position you’ll provide quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, educating, implementing, and evaluating age-appropriate care in a manner that incorporates family-centered principles and cost-effective care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assesses patient with input from the patient/family
- Involves patient/family in the patient’s plan of care
- Implements high quality, cost effective patient care in conjunction with the patient/family
- Evaluates care plan
- Educates patient and family
- Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
- Accountable for managing time and resources in a cost-effective manner
- Accountable for maintaining professional development of self and participates in development of others
- Participates in achieving hospital/unit goals
- Bachelor of science in nursing, associate degree in nursing, or diploma in nursing (bachelor of science in nursing is preferred)
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas
- One year of professional nursing experience
- Knowledge of the principals of biological, physical, and social science
- Knowledge of the principles of observation, assessment, intervention, evaluation, care and counsel
- Knowledge of the principles of health teaching of persons who are ill
- Knowledge of health or prevention of illness
- Knowledge of administration of medications or treatments
- Knowledge of administration, supervision, and evaluation of nursing practices, policies, and procedures
- Developmental (age-appropriate) nursing practices
- Ability to demonstrate positive and appropriate interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate good time and resource management skills
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility
- Ability to demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to operate unit specific equipment
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.