Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Public Health Program Assistant
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Talent Area
- Administrative Support
- Full/Part Time
- Per Diem
- Shift Description
We are searching for a Public Health Program Assistant— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform receptionist and secretarial duties for the department, and represent the organization by utilizing exemplary customer service skills with all patients, families, visitors and health care team members.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provide support for families and health educators of the upWORDS program or other healthcare events
- Serve as a receptionist using service-oriented verbal and nonverbal behavior while greeting all visitors courteously and with respect to any social, cultural, and ethnic needs
- Demonstrate control in stressful situations and involve appropriate departmental representatives and resources necessary for effective problem resolution
- Answer telephone in a friendly, professional manner and routes calls or requests from patient, family, and healthcare team members appropriately, courteously and efficiently
- Maintain stock of all unit forms and clerical supplies and reconcile invoices at time of delivery
- Participate in team and department meetings as requested and maintain knowledge of department information
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Community Health Worker from the Texas Department of State Health Services preferred
- A minimum of 2 years’ related experience preferred
- A minimum of 6 months experience in a medical office, childcare setting, or hospital environment preferred
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.