Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Practice Administrator I
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- TCCC Clinical Administration
- Talent Area
- Professional - Non-Clinical
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are searching for a Practice Administrator I– Cancer Center - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will plan, organize, staff, and direct activities in clinical sections in collaboration with designated physician leader(s). Activities include planning and performance management, performance improvement, coaching, staffing, budgeting, policies and procedures, and on the section's research and academic pursuits.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Ensures delivery of quality, cost effective patient care within family-centered care environment by coordinating and participating in service-based and cross-functional performance improvement activity
- Budgets for and plans to realize expected levels of professional fee and technical revenue
- Monitors operation of a budget-sensitive service model, including departmental staffing requirements and productivity levels by establishing, and/or contracting for related service performance from other departments
- Coordinates service and departmental planning and process improvement across patient care, research and academics reviews proposed project initiatives strategic relevance and resource requirements and facilitates departmental prioritization
- Provides support for new program development, faculty recruitment process, credentialing process, and faculty development
- Provides structured feedback for each staff member through yearly development plans and informal and/or formal follow-up at least twice a year
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare or related field required
- Master’s Degree in Business, Healthcare or related field preferred
- 1 years of Healthcare operations experience
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Experience in an academic physician practice setting preferred
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.