Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Manager - Pavilion for Women
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Talent Area
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 8a - 5p
We are searching for a Pharmacy Manager — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll provide support and ensure smooth execution of the daily pharmacy operations.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assists in the daily management of the pharmacy areas
- Addresses personnel, operational, and scheduling issues and needs
- Performs data collection to support regulatory requirements and for quality improvement measures to support the understanding of operational safety and effectiveness
- Supports implementation of projects and programs
- Responsible for training and development activities for area personnel
- Bachelor of Science degree in pharmacy or Ph.D.
- Registered Pharmacist in the State of Texas
- 3 years of pharmacy work experience or 2 years of pharmacy residency training required
- Knowledge of pediatric drug therapy, general management theory, general finance, and basic MIS
- Ability to operate a personal computer, operate equipment used in the preparation of sterile products (e.g. Automix and Micromix), work with hazardous substances (e.g. cytotoxic agents, hydrochloric acid, and isopropyl alcohol), and work under pressure
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opened in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.