Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Acute Care - Renal - The Woodlands
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- NPP ACUTE CARE SERVICE
- Talent Area
- Advanced Practice Providers
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are looking for a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Acute Care certified – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will practice in an advanced role to provide developmentally appropriate and age appropriate health maintenance for well children, episodic care for ill children, and comprehensive care for children with chronic conditions. The nurse practitioner (NP) works under a delineation of clinical privileges and works collaboratively with other members of the health care team. Practicing under established guidelines and clinical protocols, the NP assumes independent and interdependent responsibilities in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of treatment and procedures. Job duties are performed in a manner that is developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served. As an advanced practice nurse, the NP is responsible for education, research, consultation and evaluation of clinical practice at various levels.
This position is outpatient at The Woodlands Campus with some inpatient responsibilities. The hours are Monday-Friday 8a-5p.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Daily utilizes advanced practice knowledge and skills to systematically collect and evaluate health assessment data, and to manage a caseload of patients
- Consistently demonstrates effective communication sills and works to eliminate communication barriers
- Consistently serves as an educational resource for the patient and family, community, and other health care professionals
- Consistently applies new knowledge relevant to pediatric nursing to clinical practice
- Demonstrates current professional, managerial, and/or technical knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates NP role behaviors consistent with the development of advanced nursing practice
- Participates in departmental Quality Improvement program annually
- Master’s degree in Nursing required
- RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing required
- FNP certification from the Texas Board of Nursing, OR
- NNP license from the Texas Board of Nursing, OR
- PNP-BC certification from the Texas Board of Nursing, OR
- WHNP-BC certification from the Texas Board of Nursing, OR
- CPNP-AC certification from the Texas Board of Nursing
- Broad knowledge of nursing functions and medical terminology, and a broad knowledge of adult learning principles and how to apply these principles to teaching
- Ability to operate all types of equipment and perform routine and special procedures used in the daily advanced nursing care of children, the ability to work effectively with others, and the ability to demonstrate leadership qualities
- Specific skills are those referred to in the Delineation of Special Procedures
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).