Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Talent Area
- Full/Part Time
We are searching for a Paralegal — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide legal support to the legal department for contracting needs, contract review, and the approval process. You will draft contracts, manage work flow, coordinate documents, and obtain signatures in addition to performing legal research and writing.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Perform the first review of contracts and other legal documents
- Coordinate review with other personnel and departments as appropriate
- Support legal team with administrative tasks scheduling meetings, fedex, invoices etc.
- Prepare legal documents for review and approval
- Use legal research providers and the internet to research legal issues as needed
- Draft memos to internal and external clients under attorney supervision
- Perform cite checks and shepardizing of legal research
- Communicate and direct outside counsel as needed
- Ensure proper indexing and filing of legal documents
- Take on legal projects as needed
- High school diploma or GED required
- Paralegal certification required
- 5 years’ parallel experience and 1 year experience working with contracts in a corporate department/law firm required
- Bachelor’s degree can substitute for 4 years’ experience and the paralegal certification
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.