Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Manager- Cisco
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- IS - Network Support
- Talent Area
- Information Services
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are searching for a Manager of Networking— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will be responsible as the service owner for specified services identified in the Business and Technical Service Catalog. Lastly, you will create, implement, and continually manage the organization's data network, telecommunications strategic plan, and direct the proactive operational support for those networks and systems.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Strongly prefer experience managing a large network team
Highly desire strong CISCO knowledge
Strongly desire Financial/Budgeting experience
Highly desire larger enterprise experience
Desire experience working with Software Defined networks
Desire Automation experience
- Allocate appropriate personnel and resources to ensure the delivery of consistent, high-quality service, while overseeing daily operations, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, and service agreements
- Act as a contact for customers and operations by providing information, responding to inquiries, investigating and resolving problems, and educating the customer on services
- Monitor and resolve incidents and provide services within the agreed-upon time frame as defined by Priority and Service Level Agreement
- Develop and implement a network and telecommunications infrastructure that anticipates and meets the needs of the organization in a cost-effective manner
- Coordinate the activities of all ongoing internal and external projects associated with the installation, additions, moves, and changes of all network-based projects for the network and telecommunications department
- Provide operational reports that cover resource utilization and inventory, tracks error and service issues, and enables accurate forecasting and planning
High school diploma or GED
- ITIL Version 3 Foundation Exam preferred
- Minimum of 9 years’ experience in information systems selection, implementation or support and
- Management experience preferred
- A bachelor's degree will substitute for 4 years of experience
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.