Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant (MA) - Fannin
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- TCP FANNIN
- Talent Area
- Medical Assistant
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are searching for a Medical Assistant — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll gather information, assess, and provide direct care to patients, in addition to working collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team to render age-appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assist in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per practice protocol
- Collect and document vital signs, BMI, height/weight, and reason for visit with complete accuracy
- Document current medications, allergies, and other information in the electronic health record
- Prepare patients for examination and assist provider, as directed, during treatments, examinations, and testing as directed by the provider
- Document all interventions per practice protocol
- Call in and/or send electronic prescription refills as directed
- Assist provider during office emergency patient care
- Keep rooms stocked with supplies and notify managers when supplies are low
- Participate as a member of the care team, working with each member of the team to meet the goals of the patient, and participate in daily huddles and monthly staff meetings
- Coordinate patient care by following up on lab results, ER visits, et cetera
- Identify patients eligible for Vaccines for Children program and follow procedures for accurate documentation and management
- Assess patient’s eligibility for referral by verifying coverage with payor prior to initiate referral
- Manage the outstanding orders report and lab error work queue to assure results are received
- Provide superb customer service
- High school diploma or GED, in addition to graduation from a medical assistant or emergency medical technician program required
- BLS certification required
- 1 year related work experience preferred
- Bilingual Spanish
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.