Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant II - Plastic Surgery Clinic (Medical Center)
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Plastic Surgery Clinic
- Talent Area
- Medical Assistant
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are looking for a Medical Assistant II– someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide patient care and excellent customer service in a healthcare setting. You will also assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules to effectively manage patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Welcomes and interacts with all patients, families, and visitors in a professional, timely, age appropriate, and culturally sensitive manner
- Communicates with patient, staff, and providers regarding patient arrivals, delays, and clinic processes
- Participates in clinic meetings to assist in planning optimal patient flow for session/day
- Facilitates the appointment check-in procedure and performs patient registration procedures per clinic process
- Ensures that all necessary patient forms are provided and filled out for the clinic visit
- Turns over the exam room preparing it for the next patient visit, utilizing appropriate infection control procedures
- Performs environmental assessments in clinic area at least monthly or assigned by leader
- Reviews the appointment schedule to review that all necessary medical record data is available for the provider (examples: laboratory or diagnostic imaging reports, school assessments, new patient referral information, etc)
- Accurately documents telephone or refill messages in the medical record and notifies licensed provider
- Stocks rooms daily with necessary clinical supplies, forms, and office supplies
- Collects specimens and performs Point of Care Testing (POCT)
- Follows laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results
- Adheres to laboratory’s quality control policies, documents all control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations
- Ensures that requisitions have necessary clinical, demographic, billing and payor information
- Facilitates patient flow as the scheduling master for the clinic
- College degree preferred
- CCMA- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant certificate from the National Healthcareer Association required
- CMA-AAM- Certified Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Assistants
- One of the following required:
- EMT Certified Emergency Medical Technologist from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required
- EMT-A Certified Advanced Emergency Medical Technologist from the Texas Department of State and Health Services
- EMT-B Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Basic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services
- EMT-I Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Intermediate from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required
- EMT-P Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Paramedic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services
- LIC PAR- License Paramedic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services
- NCMA- National Medical Assistant Certification from the National Center for Competency Testing
- NRCMA - Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant from the National Association of Health Professionals
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Personnel, American Allied Health, American Medical Technologists, or American Registry of Medical Assistants
- 2 years of related experience required
- Experience in a health care setting or customer service-focused industry preferred
- Outpatient clinic operations experience preferred
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.