Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant II - Greenspoint Pediatrics
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- TCHPC - GREENSPOINT PEDIATRICS
- Talent Area
- Medical Assistant
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday 7a-7p
We are searching for a Certified Medical Assistant – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide patient care and excellent customer service in the hospital health care setting and assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Welcome and interact with all patients, families, and visitors in a professional, timely, age appropriate, and culturally sensitive manner
- Respond to customer questions with prompt information and/or service related to appointment status, wait time, or unanticipated problems
- Identify prolonged wait times for patients in the waiting room and report to clinic manager
- Attend staff meetings or sign attendance records for the reading of minutes and attend mandatory training and development activities by established guidelines as evidenced by supervisory observation and written/verbal feedback
- Communicate with patients, staff, and providers regarding patient arrivals, delays, and clinic processes
- Maximize collections by reviewing patient notes for amounts quoted during the pre-admission process and collect for these and other non-covered services as appropriate
- Refer to/consult business services for patients arriving with incomplete or complex admission accounts
- Turn over the exam room preparing it for the next patient visit, utilizing appropriate infection control procedures
- Assist, as needed, licensed staff with the non-financial aspects of the inpatient admission process
- Maintain integrity of medication supplies by following infection control and inventory control guidelines
- One of the following:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) issued by the National Health career Association
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA-AAM) issued by the American Association of Medical Assistants
- National Medical Assistant Certification (NCMA) issued by the National Center for Competency Testing
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) issued by the National Association of Health Professionals
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) issued by one of the following organizations: American Association of Medical Personnel, American Allied Health, American Medical Technologists, or American Registry of Medical Assistants
- EMT-Basic (EMT-B) issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-Intermediate (EMT-I) certification issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services (NOTE: Effective January 2017, EMT-Intermediate (EMT-I) was replaced by Advanced EMT. Individuals with EMT-I certifications seeking renewal will renew as Advanced EMTs)
- Advanced EMT (EMT-A) certification issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services o EMT-Paramedic (EMT-P) certification issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Licensed Paramedic (LIC PAR) certification issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Two (2) years of related experience
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
- Knowledge of nursing/medical assistant patient care tasks, the managed care industry, appointment scheduling, related medical terminology and customer service concepts
Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) is the largest Texas Medicaid managed care organization, and is part of the Texas Children’s healthcare system. Founded in 1996, TCHP is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. Our plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three service areas (Harris, Jefferson, North East). Members of the plan receive care from our network of more than 4,000 primary care physicians, 8,000 specialists, and 110 hospitals. They can also receive care at The Center for Children and Women, a patient and family-centered medical home with two convenient locations for TCHP members who can have all their medical needs met in one place, receiving multiple services the same day. TCHP is a recognized leader at encouraging holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities.
You can also learn more about our amazing culture at www.infinitepassion.org