Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of Nursing (RN), Main Operating Room - Pavilion for Women (3p - 11p)
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- PW OR - ADMIN
- Talent Area
- Registered Nurse
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 3p - 11p
We are searching for a Manager of Nursing for the Main Operating Room in the Pavilion for Women – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll manage daily clinical and personnel activities and to provide administrative support to the Assistant Director. As the Nurse Manager you will participate and coordinate the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care at the unit level.
Preferred: OR RN with 4+ years of experience in adult and/or women's services
OR RN Management/Leadership with 2+ years of experience
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Maintains clinical competency, by ensuring that the physiologic, psychosocial, and developmental needs of the patient are met, within a family-centered care environment
- Ensures the staffing needs of the department are adequately met. Creates and monitors staff schedules. Participates in the decision making processes for hiring new employees.
- Utilizing an inter-disciplinary approach, coaches and develops unit based staff to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care. Assists in developing clinical nurses along the novice to expert continuum
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with health care team and works to eliminate communication barriers. Serves as a liaison between physicians, families, nursing staff and ancillary departments
- Demonstrates accountability for cost effective management of equipment and supplies while ensuring the department achieves patient care goals
- Supports the implementation of unit goals and communication of the IDS strategic plan to staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- RN Licensure by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners
- BLS Certification – Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association
- Two (2) years of nursing experience
- Management or other formal leadership experience is preferred
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.