Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Claims Administration - The Health Plan
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Claims - Administration
- Talent Area
- Professional - Non-Clinical
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 8a - 5p Monday - Friday
We are searching for a Manager, Claims Administration - someone who works well in a fast-paced managed care setting. In this position, you’ll plan, develop and implement Claims processing functions and related processes for the Claims Administration Department. You’ll have key responsibility for the integrity of the claims payment and adjudication process. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that claims are processed accurately and timely for reimbursement to the Health Plan Providers and members, in accordance with contracted fee schedules and covered benefits as specified in the member evidence of coverage.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, organize and implement processes to ensure timely and accurate claims processing
- Plan, develop, organize and implement processes to ensure claim adjustments, appeals and correspondence is completed timely and accurately
- Develop policies and procedures and for a Pediatric HMO which are based on our integrated delivery system goals and objectives and which meet the performance goals and measurements
- Mentor and develop Claims Processing staff toward expansion of job roles in order to meet the continuous challenges and changes of the health care environment, contracts and governmental regulations, including promoting the ability to respond effectively to innovative initiatives
- Plan, develop organize and implement claim processing functions and processes
- Completes timely performance appraisals for direct reports
- Assures that new staff attends hospital orientation within 30 days of employment
- Assures that new staff attends departmental orientation within 30 days of employment
- Develops and modifies job descriptions as necessary
- Conducts appropriate investigations and follows-up on Provider and Member complaints
- Strives to achieve the goal of accreditation with commendation
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of seven (7) years of Health Plan claims administration or related experience
- A Bachelor's Degree may be substituted for four (4) years of experience
The Texas Children’s Hospital system is the largest pediatric integrated care system and is an industry leader in pediatric population health. Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. We are an Integrated Community System providing holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently, the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three state territories (Harris, Jefferson, North East), who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals.